- Challenge 1 – Steps: Distribute pedometers or fitness trackers and encourage your employees to walk 10,000 steps per day. Boost participation by holding raffles for employees who meet the daily challenge.
- Challenge 2 – Weight Loss: Host a weight loss challenge over the course of a few months or a year. Hold regular weigh-ins to create competition between employees or teams.
- Challenge 3 – Planking: Try holding daily plank challenges and increase the amount of time the group has to plank each day. Planking is a great way to increase core strength and stability.
- Challenge 4 – Pack a Healthy Lunch: Challenge employees to pack a healthy lunch every day over the course of a month or six weeks. Give out raffle entries for every five days an employee brings lunch, or see who can bring their lunch the most over the course of several months.
- Challenge 5 – Group Exercise Classes: Encourage employees to try new exercise classes at their local gym or rec center.
Did you know that walking can boost the immune system? Studies show walking for at least 20 minutes a day five days a week leads to 43% fewer sick days.