Ten thousand steps a day can seem quite daunting, can’t it? But it doesn’t have to be! Small, simple changes to your everyday life can easily increase your steps and improve your health. Check out these tips from Fitbit® to up your step count:
- Explore new flavors by swapping your at-home coffee for a quick walk to your local coffee shop.
- Drive to work? That’s okay! Just park further away from the entrance to your office. Or if you take public transportation, get off a stop earlier and walk the extra block.
- Get some fresh air during lunch and go for a walk. Even if it’s just for a block or two, you’ll not only sneak in extra steps, but you’ll also get some much needed vitamin D.
- Walking more doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your TV time! Hop on the treadmill and walk at a steady pace while catching up on your favorite shows.
- You can relax while still being active on the weekends! Meeting friends for lunch? Pick the neighborhood restaurant and walk there.